Grow as a music educator while connecting with other music teachers from around Florida.
The mission of the Florida Music Education Association is to promote quality, comprehensive music education in all Florida schools. Here are some of the benefits we provide to our members in pursuit of our mission.
- An Annual Professional Development Conference attended by over 3,000 of your music education colleagues, presenting over 250 clinic sessions and concerts, and a trade show with hundreds of companies and organizations who support music education.
- Specialty Webinars throughout the year to help you stay motivated and keep up with current trends in music education.
- Access to the NAfME Learning Center, over 100 recorded webinars supporting ongoing professional learning needs and diverse types of current and potential future professional learning programs.
- Summer Institute - an inspiring professional development training in a small group setting covering specific modern and relevant topics important to the future of music education.
- Emerging Leaders - providing support, guidance, and opportunity for outstanding music educators who demonstrate exemplary teaching and the potential and propensity for professional leadership.
- Many of our Professional Development programs are accepted by Florida school districts for credit toward renewal of your teaching certificate.
- The Florida Music Director, an award-winning journal for music educators published eight times a year.
- Research Perspectives in Music Education, a peer-reviewed music education research journal.
- Monthly Email Newsletters to keep the membership informed about upcoming programs and benefits available to them.
- Job Bank - the leading resource in Florida for connecting school administrators with music educators looking for their next great opportunity.
- Membership in NAfME, the National Association for Music Education.
- FMEA organizes 23 different All-State and Honors Ensembles that rehearse and perform under the direction of world-class conductors, composers, and clinicians.
- The June M. Hinckley Music Education Scholarship assists students majoring in Music Education at a Florida college or university.
- Student Conference Experience and Tri-M Experience at the annual Professional Development Conference
- Programs for Non-Traditional Music Students: Guitar Festival, Steel Band Festival, and Digital Music Showcase.
- FMEA monitors all bills introduced into each Florida Legislative Session and contracts with a lobbying firm to meet with legislators regarding any bills that may affect music education in the state of Florida.
- FMEA works with NAfME and NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants, and other national organizations to monitor Federal legislation that may affect music education.
- Collegiate Advocacy Day at the Capitol
- An annual Awards Program to recognize outstanding music educators, administrators, lawmakers, and other community members who support the highest level of music education.
- The FMEA Component Organizations provide many networking and mentoring opportunities in addition to overseeing programs such as All-State Auditions and Music Performance Assessments at the local and state level.
- Access to AMPLIFY, NAfME's nationwide online community of music educators.
- The Annual FMEA Professional Development Conference provides many opportunities to meet and talk with other music educators, administrators, companies, and organizations.
1-800-301-FMEA(3632) • Fax: (850) 942-1793