The Florida Music Director
The leading state music education journal for more than 50 years!
Florida Music Director, recipient of the Music Educators' National Conference Award for Excellence, is the official publication of the Florida Music Education Association, the largest unit in the 11-state NAfME Southern Division and the fourth largest in the nation. The Florida Music Director contains articles of interest to music educators of all levels - from kindergarten through college level. It is published eight times annually and distributed to more than 5,000 music teachers, district music supervisors, and other subscribers. Digital copies of each issue are available online and distributed by email. Usually, four issues each year are printed and mailed to members but for the 2020-2021 year only the August issue will be printed and mailed.
The publication serves as the voice of the following organizations:
- Florida Music Education Association (FMEA)
- Florida Bandmasters Association (FBA)
- Florida Collegiate Music Educators Association (FCMEA)
- Florida Elementary Music Educators Association (FEMEA)
- Florida Orchestra Association (FOA)
- Florida Vocal Association (FVA)
- Florida Music Supervision Association (FMSA)
- National Association of Jazz Educators - Florida Unit
- Florida NAfME Collegiate Chapters
Florida Music Director is a terrific venue for businesses and organizations to reach Florida's music educators and decision-makers. Readers use the information provided in this publication - advertising and editorial - as a valuable resource tool. Editorial material includes timely news items, feature stories, advice columns, collegiate highlights, research, and legislative updates written by those in the field. The editorial board welcomes and considers all submissions of articles, art or story ideas.
1-800-301-FMEA(3632) • Fax: (850) 942-1793