Tri-M Conference Experience
FMEA now offers two experiences for High School students who are not participating in an all-state ensemble, the Student Conference Experience and the Tri-M Conference Experience. Read the comparison here.
The purpose of the Florida Music Education Association Tri-M Conference Experience is to provide students with experiences that will build their leadership and advocacy skills, as well as to expose them to the experiences available at the annual conference. Participating students will interact with amazing clinicians and educators, college representatives, and incredible performing groups. These students will have memorable experiences they can take back and share with their high school music programs.
- Teachers may nominate their students for the Student Conference Experience or register them for the Tri-M Experience, but not both.
- Student participants must be registered by their Tri-M sponsor on the Tri-M Students page of conference registration by December 15.
- The music teacher must be a current member of FMEA and be the registered Tri-M sponsor at their school.
- The music teacher/sponsor must be registered for and attend the FMEA conference in order for their students to participate.
- High school students in grades 9-12 are eligible.
- Participating schools are required to have one parent chaperone attend all Tri-M Experience activities at the conference. The music teacher may not serve as the chaperone.
- There is no housing requirement for this program. Participants are responsible for hotel rooms and all transportation.
Directors must Pre-Register themselves and their Tri-M students for the conference online before conference pre-registration closes on December 15 to allow us to plan for capacity. On-site registration for Tri-M students is not an option and will only be allowed in emergency situations with special permission and at a higher on-site per-student rate.
- In the Students, Chaperones, and Tickets section of Conference Registration, click the Next Step button to reach the Tri-M Experience page.
- Enter students one at a time on that page.
- Click the Next Step button to the Chaperone page, and add chaperones one at a time.
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Antmann (firstname.lastname@example.org), chairman of the FMEA Student Development Committee.
1-800-301-FMEA(3632) • Fax: (850) 942-1793