Student Conference Experience
FMEA now offers two experiences for High School students who are not participating in an all-state ensemble, the Student Conference Experience and the Tri-M Conference Experience. Read the comparison here.
The purpose of the Florida Music Education Association Student Conference Experience is to expand access to the annual conference to students from throughout the state. Participating students will interact with amazing clinicians and educators, college representatives, and incredible performing groups. These students will have memorable experiences that they can take back and share with their high school music programs. The program will take place on Thursday and Friday of the FMEA Professional Development Conference.
Students will participate in workshops, observe rehearsals, attend College Night, and engage in networking and social activities with their peers.
- Online nominations will begin September TBA
- The schedule will be posted here soon
- Updates and information will be posted to this page.
- Teachers may nominate their students for the Student Conference Experience or register them for the Tri-M Experience, but not both.
- Student participants must be nominated by their music teacher.
- The music teacher must be a current member of FMEA.
- Music teachers must be registered for and attend the FMEA conference in order for their students to participate.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee, and all decisions are final.
- High School students in grades 9 through 12 are eligible.
- A school, regardless of the number of music teachers, may nominate up to three (3) students.
- Participating schools are required to have one parent chaperone attend the conference at all Student Conference Experience activities. The music teacher may not serve as the chaperone.
- All participating students and chaperones will be required to stay at the conference hotel designated for the Student Conference Experience.
Nomination & Registration Process
- Directors will nominate students online beginning in September. Deadline: November TBA
- In mid-November, nominations will be reviewed and directors will be notified of accepted students.
- The director then adds the accepted students and chaperones to their conference registration.
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Antmann (email@example.com), chairman of the FMEA Student Development Committee.
The Student Experience program has its own hotel block, separate from the other hotels on the conference hotel list. All student experience students and chaperones must reserve rooms in this special Student Experience hotel block only.
Hotel Tampa Riverwalk (formerly Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk)
200 North Ashley Drive, Tampa
Includes complimentary internet
Valet parking is $20 a day, $36 overnight
Use the group code FL2622 or ask for the "Student Conference Experience" block.
This hotel is within walking distance to the Tampa Convention Center. Transportation will not be provided.
1-800-301-FMEA(3632) • Fax: (850) 942-1793