To take advantage of early discounted rates, you must register and pay before the deadlines. If you are mailing a check to the FMEA Office to pay for your registration, it must be postmarked SEVEN(7) DAYS BEFORE the Pre-Registration Deadline.
- All participants - directors, students, chaperones and guests - must be registered for the Clinic-Conference
- Only directors may register their groups or pick up registration materials if pre-registered.
- All participating students must be chaperoned. As required by FSMA at least one chaperone, other than a director, is required for every ten (10) students or fraction thereof, however, FMEA policy allows for one free Chaperone for every six (6) students or fraction thereof.
- An additional paid Chaperone may be registered for (a) each six (6) students registered or (b) for each All-State rehearsal site where registered students are performing.
- If a participating student is not accompanied by the director from that student's school, then the principal from that school must furnish a letter designating the person from the school or school district who is to be in charge of that student. The letter should be addressed to the FMEA Executive Director, explain the extenuating circumstances preventing the director from attending, and must be submitted with registration materials. The school will be notified of approval. This does not release the director from the requirement that they must be registered for the conference. If approved, the person designated in the letter will pick up the director's pre-registration packet and supervise the students at all times.
- Student observers are not allowed to attend the Clinic-Conference. If any student observers are brought to the Clinic, the offending school's participation in the Clinic-Conference may be eliminated the following year. Tri-M students or those approved for the "Student Experience" program who are registered and participating in sessions or working for the All-State Concerts are exempt from this rule. Chaperones or other attendees are not allowed to bring children who are not participating in an all-state ensemble. Only registered students, teachers, and chaperones wearing a conference badge are allowed in and around the rehearsals and conference areas. Please make babysitting arrangements before attending the conference.
- All school music teachers must register for the Clinic-Conference as FMEA directors and be current members of the FMEA. This includes directors of all-state students, invited performing groups, mini-concerts, and session presenters. All-State conductors from Florida schools, colleges or universities must also be FMEA members. No current music teacher may register as a chaperone.
- Full registration refunds are available for cancellation requests made through December 15th.
- No registration refunds will be made for cancellations made after December 15th, except for emergency situations. These will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Refunds must be requested in writing (email is acceptable).
- All requests for refunds must be received no later than January 31st. Requests received after that date will not be processed.
- All refunds are issued after the conference is completed.
- There are no refunds for concert tickets.
Chaperone Registration is based on the following rules:
- For each elementary student registered, one free Chaperone and one paid chaperone may be registered.
- Any additional attendees must purchase a "Guest Pass" at on-site registration for entry into the convention center.
Middle School and High School Students:
- For every six students registered, one free Chaperone and one paid chaperone may be registered. No other chaperones may be registered until the seventh student is registered.
- Any additional attendees(chaperons or guests) must purchase a "Guest Pass" at on-site registration for entry into the convention center.
- If you have students in more than one performing ensemble you may pay for a chaperon for each performing ensemble in which you have registered students.
- If you have students from different schools you may pay for a Chaperone for each school for which you have registered students.
Chaperones are not allowed to bring other children who are not participating in an all-state ensemble. Only registered students, teachers, and chaperones wearing a conference badge are allowed in and around the rehearsal areas. Directors are asked to make sure their chaperones are aware of this policy before agreeing to serve as a chaperone.
Concert Tickets Reservation and Payment
Please read the All-State Ticket policy.