Session Coordinator Information
Thank you for agreeing to serve as a Session Coordinator for the upcoming FMEA Professional Development Conference. Your participation is appreciated and will greatly enhance the quality of our event.
The purpose of the session coordinator is to work directly with the session presenter before, during and after his/her scheduled event by assisting in the organization of all aspects of the assigned session. The intent of this process is to provide a personal source of support for the presenter and to ensure that all sessions are presented with a high level of professionalism for the FMEA members attending the conference. Please read the information and other documents regarding session coordinator duties that are linked on this page.
You should receive an email with link(s) to the information for the session(s) you are coordinating sometime in September. Double-check that the day and time do not interfere with any other sessions or performances you will be participating in during the conference.
Please contact the presenter(s) within the next week. Their contact info is in the "Clinicians" tab when you click the link to their session. Please confirm the details of the session with them, including the presenter information, session information, date and time, and additional A/V equipment that they have requested or need to request.
Please note that these links will also be sent to the presenter with a deadline of October 15 to change any information and add A/V Equipment Requests themselves, but we are asking you to also follow up with the presenter to make sure all requested equipment is in the database before October 31. No additional equipment may be requested after October 15.
Equipment provided in all rooms:
- Podium with microphone
- Head table with two chairs and one table-top microphone
- Projection screen with a utility table in front of it.
- 1/8" mini-plug audio cable to hook up a laptop, phone, or audio player to the sound system
- All other equipment needed should be requested online in the "Equipment Requests" tab of the session info page. If it's not an option online, it's not available. (DEADLINE: Oct. 31)
- FMEA does not provide computers, instruments (other than a piano), or music stands. We only provide the equipment that you can request on the Equipment Requests tab. Anything not available there must be provided by the presenter.
- Projectors and Pianos will only be provided if they were requested online. We have a limited quantity and move them between sessions, so do not assume one will be there if not requested in advance.
- Wifi Internet access will be available for purchase at the convention center for $12.95 a day. We are not able to provide free internet access to presenters except for the keynote speaker(s) at the general sessions.
- Presenters will receive an email the week before the conference that will contain a link for uploading their handouts (the Oct. 31 deadline does not apply to handouts).
- This will allow the handouts to be visible within the online conference schedule and FMEA Mobile App. Links will appear 5 minutes before the session begins.
- FMEA does not provide printed copies of handouts. The presenter is welcome to bring their own printed copies if they would like to distribute them.
- How many copies should they make? Session attendance varies from as few as 10 to over 300. We recommend 100 as a starting point, more if you think the session will be more popular for the general attendee population, and fewer if you feel the session is targeted at a more focused audience. If you run out, you can always tell the remaining audience members to see it in the app or the online schedule.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, and thank you again for your commitment to the Florida Music Education Association.
Director of Operations
Dr. John Southall
Conference Planning Chair
Website and Technical Support
1-800-301-FMEA(3632) • Fax: (850) 942-1793